Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sick baby syndrome

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 5 of taking care of a sick baby.  This is the pits!  Poor baby, no appetite.  At least now she is initiating the naps, rather than fighting them.   I'm trying to help her fight this cold virus and croup cough that she no doubt picked up her first week of daycare.  We actually made it to the first day of the second week, but of course paid for the whole time regardless of whether she's there.  (Alas).

Calculation: $360 spent on 2wks of daycare, 5 1/2 days used.
                   $75 spent on 2 pediatrician appts and one urgent care visit.
                   $40 spent for baby meds and supplies.
                   3 days work missed so far, plus one day off used.
                
Thank goodness I have saved up comp time and sick leave, and have flexibility to leave for family emergencies when I need to.  (Three cheers for being a government worker bee!)

While I'm not cleaning a snotty nose, comforting the cries and moans, or trying to avoid getting kicked from the crabby baby, I've been cleaning (which I hate) the house here and there while she's napping.  I've even had time to get on the scale and see that I've finally reached my first step weight loss goal -10 lbs lighter.  What has been the trick?  Weight lifting at lunch and eating smaller portions and not snacking (because of forgetting to and being busy).   And probably the fact that I'm tired and a little run down.  At least I get something positive out of it!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment